Now teachers can save time creating lessons and engage students like never before by turning mobile devices into a dynamic & collaborative classroom experience
Promethean announces ClassFlow™ – a transformative, cloud-based classroom orchestration tool that enables teachers to create lessons, deliver interactive content across multiple devices, and assess student understanding. With ClassFlow, teachers can build and access interactive lesson plans from any web browser. In addition, ClassFlow allows teachers to foster student engagement by connecting mobile devices such as educational tablets, smartphones, and laptops to classroom displays and interactive whiteboards. As a result, teachers can use real-time student responses to instantly adjust any lesson plan when it matters the most – in the moment of learning.
“It is an exciting time for educators and students as teaching and learning environments are evolving to foster learning that is more relevant, collaborative and personalized,” said Scott Cary, Head of Products at Promethean. “In many classrooms, the challenge in achieving those ends is not a lack of technology and teaching resources, but orchestrating their use to effectively impact learning outcomes. ClassFlow was designed to meet this need.”
Beginning in January 2014, teachers will be able to sign up for a complimentary ClassFlow account and will be able to easily:
Build and access interactive lessons—anytime, anywhere.
- Deliver, create, and easily organize lessons from any web browser
- Develop lessons by seamlessly incorporating a wide variety of teaching resources and formats–video, PowerPoint, documents, flipcharts, webpages, new content and more
- Collaborate with a community of teachers by sharing lessons online
Engage students like never before —Turn any mobile device into a dynamic & collaborative experience
- Exchange ideas and information throughout the classroom by connecting interactive whiteboards, projectors or flat panels to individual student mobile devices
- Deliver and interact with each part of the lesson where it’s most powerful—on an interactive classroom display or on the mobile devices in students’ hands
- Extend learning by sharing student work examples to provide a different perspective, address areas of confusion or dive deeper into the topic at hand
- Drive your lesson from anywhere in the classroom using your own mobile device
Improve student results by guiding instruction when it matters most – in the moment of learning
- Turn educational tablets, smartphones and laptops into rich-media student response and polling tools that offer two-way communication between students and teachers
- Deliver digital lesson content into students’ hands for annotation, response or manipulation
- Connect assessment to learning by using rich, real-time feedback to differentiate instruction based on students’ learning needs and styles
- Access student responses as they occur or save results for later review and reporting.
“Today’s classrooms are changing. Teachers strive to make the classroom more engaging, effective and geared to today’s learners,” said Jim Marshall, CEO of Promethean. “With the rapid proliferation of screens in the classroom, teachers need to revolutionize their content and lesson delivery. In response to the diversity of their students and the focus on personalized instruction, teachers also need to be able to quickly and easily assess student understanding and adjust the activity and instruction in the classroom to meet those needs.”
Promethean developed ClassFlow in order to ensure that investments in classroom technology a have real, measurable, educational impact. By consulting with many of the world’s most innovative and successful teachers, administrators, trainers, technology officers, and other education visionaries, ClassFlow was designed to enable schools to breathe educational purpose into mobile devices and other existing classroom technologies.
“When teachers have a quick and easy way to monitor each individual’s needs, they are better able to adjust the lesson or intervene individually to meet each individual’s needs,” said Ron Clark, teacher, bestselling author, and founder of the Ron Clark Academy. “Immediate feedback allows students to understand how they are doing and better direct their own learning. Using ClassFlow results in more effective teaching, more active student participation and higher student achievement.”
The initial release of ClassFlow will be offered in English for U.S. teachers, with additional locations and languages planned throughout 2014. For more information about ClassFlow, visit http://www.classflow.com