At Scientific Learning, we understand how people learn new things and acquire new skills. It’s about brain plasticity, the brain’s ability to reorganize itself in response to new experiences. Our expertise is based on more than 30 years of scientific research into how the brain learns.
We know that learning is strongest when certain conditions are met:
- Critical tasks are practiced at an appropriate frequency and intensity.
- Practice takes place at the right skill level for the individual student—a skill level that continuously adapts to keep the student challenged, but not frustrated.
- Multiple skills are “cross-trained” at the same time for lasting improvement.
- Rewards build as a student progresses, maximizing motivation.
- The learning environment feels “safe,” so students are encouraged to take risks.
- The content is age appropriate and engaging.